Sunday, May 31, 2009

First-Day-of-Classes Eve

I am now (mostly) moved in to my summer residence at Notre Dame. I arrived in South Bend Thursday, was able to move in on Friday, and was on retreat from Friday through this morning (Sunday). The purpose of the retreat was to meet my fellow ACErs and get to know them a bit before setting off on an intense and rigorous summer of classes. Classes start tomorrow, and we were assigned our first reading assignment today (for tomorrow's class).

The classes pile up lots of work on us in a short amount of time. We have a little over two months before we'll actually be in front of a class teaching our students, so there is a ton we have to learn this summer so that we can be effective teachers.

Classroom Countdown: 78 days until my first day of school

1 comment:

  1. I would like to add that it is also 78 days until you get to meet the leprechaun of mobile, alabama...who would have thought they have irish down there, too?

    ReplyDelete