Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Weekend

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend. I went to Practicum on Thursday morning, even though I didn't have to. My students were none too pleased about that. They are scared of me and think I'm mean (apparently). After the lesson, I spent about 10 minutes changing and heading out of Notre Dame. I grabbed Taco Bell for lunch right before I got to the toll road, and made it over to Pontiac, IL (where my Assistant Rector from the past three years lives) by 3:30. We headed up to Wisconsin by 5, and arrived at Lake Kegonsa that evening. We were up early on Friday and teed off on an absolutely gorgeous golf course at 7:50am. Although Bobby's fiancee out-drove me consistently, it was a great time.

When we got back to the lake house, I went out and tubed for a while. Today is the first day that I haven't had soreness in pretty much every muscle connected to my shoulders. It was a great time, though - I love being on the water. Saturday morning we headed back to Pontiac. It was rainy that day, so we just stayed in and napped. I got some emailing finished just before the wall of sleep hit me. For not being a very good napper, I took an impressive 2-hour power nap. It was enough to see me through dinner, doing some more work up at Bobby's office, roasting marshmallows and making S'Mores, and watching a movie (Taken). Taken was a great movie. It was pretty mindless, and I actually couldn't stay awake for the first 15-20 minutes, but once he started killing everything in his path, it became much easier to stay awake.

I got back to ND Sunday afternoon at around 6, and hit the ground running with a lesson plan for my Teaching Religion in Catholic Schools class. I had to microteach that lesson on Monday, but I will save that story for my next post.

Hope your 4th of July was very enjoyable! I can't believe I have less than three weeks left of classes!!! That's a scary thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment