Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's been a while...

Sorry for the long lag in posts. It has definitely not symbolized a lack of anything going on!

The weekend after the 4th of July, I flew to Lake Tahoe for a Clary family celebration of Gran's 80th birthday. I had a great time seeing a lot of family that I hadn't seen in a long time, but the weekend was a bit less exciting than you might expect since I spent an entire day doing homework!! The week of July 6th I had a unit plan due. I worked pretty far ahead on it, but did not realize how much work it was going to end up taking. I worked on the four-hour flight (first flight I've ever not slept on) and then until 5 in the morning on Thursday night when I got to Tahoe. I woke up Friday and spent from 9am until 4pm finishing it up. It's OK, though. I got a very good grade on the unit.

This week I had two projects. The first was to make a course calendar. That assignment basically involved dividing the school year into units for my world history class. I had to have unit goals and calendar dates for each unit. The other project was to turn in five unit cover pages. A unit cover page basically has the unit title, a unit goal, a unit assessment, and then lesson plan objectives and assessments for each of the lessons that will fall under that unit. I had a few other small reflections due Friday also.

You'd think that with the final weekend of my first summer of ACE here, I'd be living it up big, right? Not really...after averaging about 4 hours of sleep per night last week, I slept for 14 hours last night. It was pretty awesome. I've been playing a newly-learned card game all day today, and am planning to go out to a party that the first year teachers are throwing for the second year teachers tonight. The party should be a lot of fun.

This week will have three days of class, some meetings Thursday, a send-off ("Missioning") Mass on Friday morning, and that's it! I'm hoping to get a lot of packing finished tomorrow so that I can leave shortly after mass on Friday. I'll be in Chicago Friday night, Memphis Saturday night, either Dallas or home Sunday night, and definitely home by Monday. I can't believe the summer is so close to over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment