Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy Friday!!!

Yesterday was Monday/Thursday because Monday and Tuesday I enjoyed at home courtesy of Hurricane Ida. Wednesday was Veterans' Day. So...one very short week!!

Yesterday was awesome.

Today was awesome until lunch. I just wrote up my favorite student (I think I've been calling him my "pet project" on here lately). I took 10 minutes in the cafeteria waiting on the boys to be quiet. Finally, they did, and I told them that anyone who talks would get a pink slip (office referral). Talking was the mildest thing on my pet project's referral, and there was a list of 8 specific things that he did between the cafeteria and the classroom that were not following instructions and/or very disrespectful and rude.

I think suspension #3 is coming up...but I'm not sure. My principal is calling home.

I sent 5 7th graders out of my class this morning because they came in and wouldn't sit down and do their work after 3-5 minutes of constant reminders. Yesterday, I sent 4 8th graders down to the office because they could not function in class. We'll see if today's any better.

1 comment:

  1. How about letting us enjoy some of your success stories, about why you had 1-1/2 awesome days! Get off the negative stuff - let me know how much of a positive impact you are having on some of those kids. It probably isn't as obvious to you as those rowdy kids, but I have to think there are some successes out there too!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete