Monday, November 30, 2009

New Week

I hate planning Sundays. Finished planning and went to bed last night at 12:30. It's now 5:10. I have showered, dressed, and am now halfway through my bowl of cereal. I'll be off to Wal-Mart before school when I'm finished.

Few new things this week: I am sending a daily discipline report home on my pet project. In order to go to PE, he has to bring it back every day signed. All my 7th graders have new lockers. Because I have two fewer than I used to, I can now use the top shelf for my stuff. This will be better for the students since they will all have their own cubby (until now, I had to give some spaces on the top shelf divided by tape. Obviously, this was not enough of a physical divider to keep their stuff with their own things.

The ND club of Mobile wants a little article on us for their newsletter. Here is the paragraph that one of my housemates put together on me. I think it's hysterical. There will be a few (minor) changes to it before we send in the final draft:

"Drew Clary hails from outside of San Antonio, and his first name is not short for Andrew. He teaches Social Studies at Most Pure Heart of Mary, presiding over seventh grade homeroom. He graduated from Notre Dame in 2009, where he served as R.A. at Fisher Hall and studied abroad in London, toiling as an intern for a member of Parliament. Truly dedicated to his craft, Drew is often the last to bed and the first to rise. When not reading The Economist, Drew makes plans for law school. Drew’s other recreations include listening to Taylor Swift and other country artists as well as determining the precise point at which paying YMCA dues finally demands using YMCA gym facilities." (I am still paying my monthly membership, but have only gone once - to pick up my card.)

No comments:

Post a Comment