Thursday, October 8, 2009

I swore today

at my 8th graders.

Something along the lines of "You don't care what the hell goes on in this classroom as long as it doesn't interfere with your playtime. You have already demonstrated to me that you have little to no respect for me, or for any of your teachers, and that's fine. You have so little respect for me, though, that you tell me to my face that the only reason you ever behave a little bit in my classroom is because you're scared of another teacher."

Oops. My bad.

I did talk to my academic supervisor again today, and he said he was very pleased with where I am and what I'm doing, especially considering the school I'm at. I also talked to the teacher I replaced for a while tonight to get some advice for a few students that I know he was close to and who I need to start working on. So...I've got my mission for the next couple weeks.

Also, my pet project in 7th grade had an absolutely fantastic day today (minus one or two minor slip-ups). So, I was extremely happy about that. He told me today that he enjoyed the day a lot more since the teachers weren't getting on to him, so hopefully he can take that to heart and start working on behaving like that more consistently. (For now, I'm just hoping for tomorrow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment