Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Meltdown has come and gone (for now)

Yesterday, I made a two-page Word document with 7th grade misbehavior. From a 45-minute period of the day. It was not good. I finally threw in the towel in the lunch line back to the classroom (which was the time of the day that I felt I had them most under control). Upon returning to the room, my pet project and a girl in the class got into a fight. They are both serving the first day of a 5-day suspension today. I think his suspension may be turning into an expulsion in the next five days, which is too bad, but at the same time still a relief from a classroom management perspective.

Today has been much better, I've laughed a few times with my classes, and I've given some mediocre-to-decent lessons today. We're doing supply and demand with 6th grade. Way too difficult for 6th graders. Oh, well. I'm going to keep going tomorrow.

I think the rest of the week should be OK. I have one and a half more days. We have an early out on Friday, but I'll be up here finishing up my grades from the first quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment