Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursday = Basically Friday

Or at least that's what everyone in my house says in order to make it through the day.

7th grade came in silently this morning. Went to their lockers and the closet to put up their backpacks and supplies silently. I even had an assignment on the board that they ignored. I didn't care because it wasn't for a grade anyway, and they were being quiet. When I put up their assignment at 8:00 (that marks the beginning of our class), they started talking. Sometimes I just feel like I will never understand my students.

Overall, though, they were good for the class period. 6th and 8th grade lessons will be a little interesting, though, because another teacher informed me this morning that he'd need the powerpoint projector for the rest of this week and next week. I can no longer show the information that I wanted to. So...the last 15-20 minutes of those class periods may get a little interesting.

It's picture day today. I didn't realize that I'd have to be in the pictures. So I didn't wear contacts, my hair is a big shaggy, I didn't shave very well this morning (and I haven't at all since Saturday), so my kids are going to get a very "real" photo of their 7th grade homeroom teacher. Oh well, I see a very (too) "real" 7th grade every day. Several times per day.

No comments:

Post a Comment