Friday, October 23, 2009

Whew!

Today was much better. My 7th grade can handle desks in groups of four. My 6th and 8th graders can't really. I think I'm going to stick it out, though. I can handle the 6th graders, and the 8th graders can't handle anything. So...voila. Homeroom somewhat under control. We changed our lunch/PE schedule, so now 6th-8th grades all have lunch together. It was decent today. The 7th grade was the best behaved today, and we were complimented by another teacher. The 8th grade was literally out of control. Literally. Completely. Out. Of. Control.

The 8th grade came into my class this afternoon, and they were taking a quiz based on how well they behaved when they entered my room. Many of them failed - but it should be an easy grade.

Then I said that if anyone spoke, they'd have 100 lines. Unfortunately two of my best students kept talking. They are currently writing. Two of my least well-behaved students also talked. They did not write. I just sent one of them down to the office to continue his assignment there. He talked back to me all the way across the room. Real tough guy. Real tough.

Weekend!!!!!! (In Jackson...going to judge a speech and debate contest. It should be fun. Looking forward to it.)

1 comment:

  1. So glad everything is somewhat under control. I was afraid that I was going to have to have a talk with Sister Nancy reminding her that no matter how hard she looked, she will not find another teacher as smart, as creative, as committed, as likeable and as available as the one she has! Also I wanted all your readers to know that I can attest to the fact that the stubbornness of your little darlings is no match for yours! You will prevail!! Have a good weekend. I love you....Mama

    ReplyDelete