Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Regime Change

Today we set up the desks differently, had a new seating arrangement (obviously, since the desks were in different places), and covered procedures and rules all day today instead of social studies. We'll have a quiz on these things on Friday. It is meant to be an easy quiz grade, but for some of them will probably get them off to a failing start to the quarter.

My 7th grade eventually came around and behaved this morning. This afternoon has been a completely different story. Luckily (for me), it's the counselor's class. So I just have to sit back and fume silently at their disrespect. I get to take them over afterwards, though, so that should be...er...fun.

6th grade actually had to practice entering the classroom two times after their original attempt. But they were scared into submission soon enough.

8th grade is a little more battle-hardened. But I'll get them soon enough. Not yet today. Some of them are really stubborn. Little do they know (since they haven't talked to my mother and father) how stubborn I am.

Speaking of my mother, she pointed out to me that I shouldn't write profanity on my blog...so, I'll start censoring the conversations I have with my most special little shining examples of God's creation. (He is in the process of getting expelled, by the way. I was surprised to see him show up today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment