Friday, January 22, 2010

Crackdown Day

Well, 7th and 6th grades have both seen me. They got the message loud and clear. Apparently Mr Malone is also cracking down. He is being H-A-R-S-H on 6th grade at the moment. He also assigned a ton of homework to 8th grade last night as punishment. 7th grade got the message from me this morning, but they started playing on me at lunch/PE. The boys thought it would be funny to start leading the line from PE to lunch in the opposite way from the cafeteria. After I asked "Where are we going here?" and they all laughed and ran back to where they were supposed to be, I walked them in the wrong direction anyway. They insisted it had been a joke. I told them not to joke with me and that they should have realized I have no sense of humor today.

We ended up walking all the way to the opposite side of the campus. The girls got the message, walked back to the cafeteria, and sat nicely in our silent lunch formation. The boys took a little more time. But we made it. Most of the boys will be repeating silent lunch come Monday because they continued to try to play with me during their "silent" lunch.

8th grade is still coming in this afternoon. I have no idea how that period will go. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment