Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day 2

Finished up the second day of classes. Same class schedule as yesterday. In the morning we discussed what message we wanted to send in our classroom. I came up with "Strive to always see the good in others." After personal reflection on that, we split into groups to discuss how we would handle a range of difficult situations that ACE teachers have faced over the past 15 years. One was funny, difficult, and eye-opening: How to handle a student with a crush on you who drops a note on your desk declaring her love for you. Apparently that happened once.

This afternoon we turned in our class procedures (homework from last night) and discussed creating rules and consequences (positive and negative) for breaking the rules. I'm going to turn that in tomorrow and hopefully get the procedures back. I have no idea if I'm going about these things in the right way, but I guess that's what we're working on them now for!!! During my break today, I completed my rules and consequences along with my short response to a question about the most significant stressor that the Catholic School System in this country has faced over the past 200 years. Since I'm doing my work during the day (where was that for the past 17 years???), I was able to go for a little jog tonight. Little is the operative word. I'm planning to build from tonight though - the goal is to be in good enough shape to be taken seriously by my basketball team next year.

I'm off to finish moving in and then to bed!

Classroom Countdown: 76 days until my first day of school

No comments:

Post a Comment