Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Video of Class!!!

For our Practicum, we are expected to videotape a lesson that we teach. I decided to tape today since I came up with the lesson on my own. It was a pretty good lesson. Today was also the first day that I taught the entire first class and the entire second class. The first class was a little rough because I wasn't used to the kids, they weren't used to me, and I had not taught the lesson before. Luckily I got on track with my second class (which are the ones who I have taught now for six of the seven days of their summer school semester). Between my comfort with them and that I had seen the bumps in my first lesson, the second one went much better. It is also the one that I decided to tape.

We covered percentages, so we talked about how you change percentages into decimals and fractions, and then I brought in some roll call votes from the House and Senate from big votes over the course of the past few years. I think the earliest thing I brought in was the passage of No Child Left Behind in December of 2001. This let me do a little social studies review (branches of government). I had a lot of fun; we didn't finish today, so we'll probably pick this up tomorrow.

I am currently trying to upload the video to my computer so that I can post it online, but I'm not having too much luck at the moment. I also got my cooperative teacher's first assessment of how I'm doing, and she was very complimentary of my teaching for the first week and a half.

I'm heading to Wisconsin for Fourth of July weekend, so don't expect any posts until July 5th at the earliest!! Happy 4th to everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment