Sunday, June 7, 2009

First Weekend

Friday night = Backer. It is possibly the grossest dive bar ever, but it's really fun, and the ACErs basically took it over Friday night.

Tonight I stayed in and played some board games with some people. Taboo is lots of fun, and one of my housemates owns it, so that's promising. I also went out and played some sand volleyball with a bunch of people I didn't really know too well (non-ACE people). All-in-all a fun day.

Didn't do too much work (oops!), but I did piece together and revise most of my classroom management plan. There are just a couple sections of that that I need to clean up and finish up tomorrow. I also have a paper due Monday that I am about to bang out right now. It's not really that long of an assignment, and it's mostly going to be regurgitation of a bunch of information that we were taught in class last week.

A lot of ACE 15 got here yesterday and today. The rest of them get here Sunday (ACE 15 is the group who just finished up their first year of teaching and are getting back for their second summer of classes). I was told by one of my friends in ACE 15 today that I need to prepare to hear some pretty cynical and jaded stories about ACE. They all say it's worth it and nobody really regrets it...it's just rough. I'm not really surprised about that - I won't pretend that I'm ready for my first year of teaching, but I do know it's going to be really hard.

Guess that's it for now. Week 2 is approaching...

Classroom Countdown: 73 days until my first day of school

No comments:

Post a Comment