Monday, June 15, 2009

End of Weekend #2

Well, we had community bowling night last night (Saturday). It was very fun; I was not very good. We called a bar in downtown South Bend earlier in the day and asked them to open that night (they're closed for the summer). They did, so we basically had an all-ACE bar. It was a lot of fun.

Today a group of us went to see The Hangover (a new movie). It was very funny, but definitely inappropriate for pretty much anyone. Then I had to go shopping for some laundry detergent. I tend to put things off for as long as possible, and I was down to my last pair of boxers. As a result, my first load of laundry for the summer is about to be finished drying.

Several of us (5, to be exact) have signed up for a summer intramural basketball team, so we'll be ballin' regularly for the rest of the summer. Many activities throughout the ACE summer mirror events during the regular school year at Notre Dame. Bookstore Basketball is no different. Bookstore is the country's largest outdoor 5-on-5 tournament, and it goes down every spring. ACE's rendition is ACEStore Basketball, so luckily I might be in decent basketball shape after a summer of intramurals.

I have to get up early in the morning to go to my orientation for my summer practice teaching (Practicum). I'll get the books I'm teaching (I'm in a Language Arts class for the summer), and meet the "real" teacher that I'll be helping. We have to leave campus at 8:30, but I have some errands to run before that. Also for class tomorrow, I have prepared my first lesson plan for a religion class. I just finished it. It's about revelation (the thing, not the book). We're starting out with Biblical references (mainly Moses and the Burning Bush), and then moving into how we are all members of the Body of Christ and as such, God reveals Himself through us now. The activity will be to draw ways in which my students can either reveal Jesus through their actions or see Him in their everyday lives. I personally think it's not very good, but I guess I'll see what my teacher thinks!

And, lastly, I got grades from my classes from the first week. I did very well with my classroom management plan and the essay I wrote about the issues Catholic schools have faced in their history in this country. My professor seemed very complimentary of my management plan, so hopefully that means I am thinking along the right lines for that.

I'm off to get my laundry for now!

1 comment:

  1. hey bro,
    i dont see any numbers in the countdown box.

    GO LAKERS

    ReplyDelete