Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Wrench

So...I had an action-packed two periods of class planned today. I was expecting not to finish anyway. The one thing that we HAVE to do today is take a benchmark test (which I made last night). So, as we were lining up on the back steps to welcome our homeroom classes, I was going through my head how in the world I was going to get everyone organized in the 20 minutes I had for homeroom. (Social Studies class starts at 8.) I was startled out of my reverie by the assistant principal/math and religion teacher. He asked if I had heard about the assembly at 8:05. Uh, no!

"How long should it take?"

"Oh, probably until about eight...uh...the whole class."

If there hadn't been 90 middle school kids within earshot, you can insert your own expletive for what I would have said - I was thinking most of them.

So, I got my class organized (kind of) and in the cafeteria at 8:10. I was late, yes, and worried about being the last one. Imagine my amusement/annoyance/outright anger when the teacher that had originally informed me of the assembly strolled in with his 8th graders at a few ticks before 8:20. Wow. And he KNEW about the thing!!!

Side note: Sister Nancy gave a great talk, and I hope the kids absorbed some of it. I'm going to come back to it tomorrow (I would like to come back to it this afternoon, but I'll be busy making up the time).

This afternoon should be interesting...we knocked out about 5 minutes out of the 90 this morning with that class.

No comments:

Post a Comment