Sunday, August 9, 2009

Two Posts in One Day?!?

Couple more quick things today...

1. My seventh housemate arrived today. We are now complete!!! I am now officially really happy about the way our community seems to be going.

2. I cooked dinner tonight. Shrimp penne (I used the recipe for shrimp fettuccini). It was really good. Except that I couldn't get the sauce to thicken. So I added flour. Then it got too thick. So we added more milk. If everyone was serious at the dinner table, it was a big hit. I think they were telling the truth about liking the dish because several people told me it was good after dinner.

3. We had our first community meeting. We hashed out our grocery list, figured out how we were going to work the finances (how to balance among those of us who grocery shop and those who don't), and also planned out our cooking buddies for the next week. And we set up our cleaning chores. Cleaning power hours Thursday nights from 7-8.

That's enough for now. Tomorrow are meetings at school, then time to set up my classroom. Fun, fun, fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment