Monday, August 31, 2009

3rd Monday

Much better today. Believe it or not, it seems like kids don't like to see their names on the board. Several people ARE absent, but we're doing pretty good. I somehow came to the realization this weekend that just because I have a lesson plan doesn't mean I have to finish every single little thing that I have planned. That has made today a lot easier. I got through the bellwork with 7th grade today, and that's it. We had to enter the classroom 3 times before they did it right. We also handed out the bellwork handout twice because they thought it was their time to talk.

Sister Nancy is currently speaking to my 7th graders during their extension class. She's talking about goals and organization. I thought that being 6'5", 220 lbs and wearing a beard would be sufficient to scare my students into being respectful. If that's true, then I have no idea what the kids would be like if I were much smaller and baby-faced. However, whatever presence I bring to the classroom is nothing to what my 5'0" 82-year-old nun principal brings. She brings the hard vibe. They are all ridiculously attentive when she's talking. I guess I just need to go into a convent and age a few decades...

No comments:

Post a Comment