Sunday, August 16, 2009

Open House? Check. Lesson Plans for Day 1? Uh...

Well, my countdown is now at 10 hours and change. I figure I need to make some lesson plans, figure out what I'm going to do with kids in front of me, etc.

The first week (probably two) won't be content. It'll be a lot of procedures, just practicing how to do things in Mr. Clary's classroom, get used to being back at school, figuring out that when I say be quiet, I'm serious, etc. Then I want to move into some map practice, some timeline practice, and some original document practice separate and apart from history. Then, probably halfway through next week, we'll ease into some new content and be on our merry way.

Open house tonight was a lot of fun. I met some parents and some kids. I won't remember any of their names, but a lot of the parents said, "Now, you just let me know if he (or she) causes you any trouble. Just let me know, and I'll take care of it for you." So that was nice to hear. I'm definitely even more excited now than I was. I really do feel like I'm in an awesome place. Despite the disappointment I initially felt about middle school, I'm pumped to start the year. Hopefully that lasts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment