Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'm officially old...

...for several reasons:

1. It is not even 11pm yet, and I feel like it's (well) past midnight.
2. I can't look at my computer screen for more than 5 minutes in my contacts without my vision going blurry.
3. I refer to myself as an adult numerous times per day and don't even think twice about it anymore.

I purchased a new pair of glasses today. I got a good deal on them, and I'm probably going to switch to all glasses all the time because of problem #2 above. (They come in on Friday or Monday, so I'll have to hold out till then.)

After getting the glasses, I went back to school to pick up my room. Little did I know how much "picking up" there was to do. A housemate called me around 6:50 and asked when dinner was (since it was my night to cook). My response? "Probably in about an hour and a half or two hours...close to 7." Oops. Lost track of time. Oops. Couldn't help with dinner. My bad. The good news? One of the other schools cooked for us, so all my cooking partner had to do was side dishes. I handled clean-up afterwards. I'm also doing Crawfish Etouffe next week when our community supervisor is in. She will be here to check in on how well we're getting along living together. The following week, our academic supervisor will be in to observe us in the classroom and tell us why we're useless as teachers.

I was pretty productive after dinner. I didn't get new grades in (oh, well, there's always tomorrow), but I did set up my courses' webpage. I'm kind of pumped about that. Except it's one more thing to keep updated and maintained. If you're interested, it's http://teacherweb.com/AL/MostPureHeartofMaryCatholicSchool/MrClary/apt1.aspx

Enjoy that. Nothing too funny today. I'm going to try a new discipline approach with my biggest trouble-makers. I'm going to choose the one thing that each of them does that annoys me the most (I have a plethora of things to choose from for some of them), and I'm simply going to keep a daily tally of how often they do said action. At the end of the day, we'll discuss it. That way instead of my little "character talks" that I feel like are getting redundant and pointless, I will have something to actually talk about. (Once again, it's something more to keep track of...since I apparently feel that I have a dearth of things to keep up with.)

No comments:

Post a Comment