Thursday, September 17, 2009

One more thing...

About PE. Since my 7th graders are physically incapable of lining up nicely after PE (by nicely I mean take less than 5-7 minutes) I am officially keeping them from PE every day. Unless they earn it back. That way instead of always taking it away from them, I can use it as a real reward. I feel like it will help me to be more positive with them.

Today, I yelled literally as loud as I think I ever have at them to line up after PE. They didn't. They just kind of looked at me like, "Oh, what's his problem?" and went right back to their jacking around. The 8th graders were already part way from the PE area to the school (across a street and around some buildings). After school, an 8th grade boy came up to me in the carpool line. "Mr. Clary, was that you that be yellin' like that after PE?" "Well, yes, actually. Sorry you had to hear that." "Naw, Mr. Clary. It's just that we got so scared when we heard that that WE got in line cuz we thought we was gonna get in trouble." "Well, I'm really glad that at least one class takes me seriously when I yell. Because 7th grade definitely doesn't." I actually hadn't yelled all week. I was so happy with how I was doing...oh well. I guess that's what PE will do for you.

1 comment:

  1. So, why did you get so offended when I yelled at you all those years??!! Seems I taught you something after all!!

    ReplyDelete