Wednesday, September 2, 2009

You know, sometimes a mediocre day can be made all better with one humorous line:

A little background: There is a sketchy gas station across the street from school. Legit drug deals go down all the time there. The football team always wants to run across the street to get Gatorade and snacks from it before practice. They aren't allowed. So, I found out about this yesterday and went to Wal-Mart to get a ton of Gatorade and granola bars. They got smaller Gatorades and chips from the gas station for more money, so I thought it'd be fine to have healthier snacks and more Gatorade for less. I explained this to the class. One girl raised her hand (for once). Imagine the following line coming from an attitude-filled girl in my class:

"Yes ma'am?"
"Mr. Clary, I don't wanna be a racist or nothing, but...well...black people don't eat granola bars."

It was all I could do to keep from rolling on the ground laughing. Luckily I kept a (relatively) straight face, and dismissed class for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment