Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Update, and Something to Keep in Mind

Update: Our community's pastoral staff supervisor was supposed to eat dinner with us last night. She had a flight that was going from Atlanta to Montgomery that was supposed to land at 3pm. Last I heard, she was in Atlanta on standby for a flight to leave at 8:30. So she didn't make it last night. We currently are planning to have community dinner, community prayer, and 7 one-on-one paired walks (one for each of us) with her all tonight. In addition, I'm not really sure when it's going to happen but she is supposedly coming to sit in on about 15 minutes of one of my classes today. I'm kind of hoping it's my 6th grade (which starts in 3 minutes). We are re-enacting five Civil War battles today. Each group has 10 minutes to prepare a 3-minute reenactment. It should be hysterical. Especially when the boys get to start fighting. Oh boy. Let's just say that I'm prepared to film them. I'm expecting hilarity to ensue shortly.

Something I need to keep in mind: When I have 7:00am duty in the morning, it is not a good idea to stay in my classroom till 12:15. It's depressing to get back home after everyone is asleep and then be the first one out the door in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your pastoral staff supervisor is in for a lot of walking - - and after you described the neighborhood you live & work in?? Can she get all those walks in before dark?

    I hope you can post some video of the reenactments - that would be fun to watch.

    We enjoyed seeing the ACE program ad from the football game - Griff had the game recorded so he went back and found it for us. Just got our tickets for the ND/WSU shootout at the alamobowl yesterday . . . so we are officially going. Sounds like a lot of game day activities planned for downtown . . .

    ReplyDelete